Fashion finds in Dubai

I sometimes consider myself a shopaholic, being a girl I love clothes and of course shopping. Shopping is a lot of fun especially if you find something you like. It’s an awesome feeling when you find that one dress that you love and didn’t even need but ohhhh so want. And even better when you find a bargain like a price tag that you didn’t even expect or even better a sale.


 As you know from my earlier post that I was visiting Dubai and it was awesome in every way you can think of. One of the extras of the trip for me was of course the shopping. There are so many stores in Dubai that are European or Australian that I hadn’t even heard of back in the States. I’m not picky and I love to browse around whenever I have time and see if I can find anything to my liking. On this trip I came across a few items that are nice, trendy, and of course at reasonable prices.  One of the best times to shop in Dubai is during Dubai shopping festival where there are sales everywhere you go. Dubai shopping festival is usually held in winter between November and February. If you go to Dubai after Christmas you get double the sales and bargains as all the stores have sales and mark downs for the festival and right after Christmas they try to get rid of everything that was considered a winter line as the new seasons clothes come in.





I found a beautiful Jane Morgan light blue lace dress with tan linning at the Dubai outlet mall. And it was on sale for only for the price of only 75 AED/$21. Of course I grabbed it and ran for the dressing room. As European sizes run smaller it wasn’t my size but thank god they did have one size bigger and I grabbed it and went straight to the register as if they were going to change their mind and raise the prices suddenly lol. This dress fits so well not just on me but the way it’s cut it shapes you out in the best parts and hides most of my flaws. This dress can be worn at a special occasion like prom or wedding or you can just glam it up and wear it for a date or wear it on the night out as you party with friends.



Another find for me was a black leather jacket which I got for 200 AED/$56 at the store called the New Yorker at Dubai Mall.  I have been looking for the perfect leather jacket and I often find it in a lot of different stores but as soon as I would try any of them on they were too bulky on the shoulders or just looked to masculine for my taste. This one was just right as soon as I tried it, it was exactly what I was looking for. This can be worn with jeans on a casual day out and even has a hoodie that detaches, or it can be worn with a skirt which will make it dressier for a night on the town.

I love skirts any kind of skirts they are fun and girly and flirty but I am really picky about the length. I never really liked mini skirts and being mom a mini skirt really doesn’t suit me well. Instead I do love maxi skirts, midi skirts, and even knee length depending on the style. There are a lot of styles out there and so many trends that come and go but not all trends and not all styles actually look good on everyone. You gotta know your body and your comfort zones and try to dress in what you love but also what looks good on you and what you wear well. When you love what you are wearing it affects how you carry yourself and even how your posture is, so if you feel comfortable, sexy, and awesome in what you are wearing the world sees you as that as well. On that note, that does not mean you should be going on a date in yoga pants because you feel comfortable and sexy.


Anyways back to my skirts, I found a couple of midi length skirts in a store called Berksha for 119 AED/$33 each.  They are nice and sexy and can be dressed up or dressed down. Once I tried them on they looked so good I got the skirt in both colors that were available a dark green color and a deep red or burgundy. If you wear it with a t-shirt it makes the skirt casual yet attention grabbing as they hug your curves. And if worn with a blazer it dresses the skirt up and makes it look very formal.


So there you go, now you also have a view into my world of fashion choices as well. Let me know what you guys think of my tastes so that I can post more. For now happy shopping everyone and I hope you all find what you are looking for at great bargain prices and wonderful sales.























Comments

  1. I consider myself a shopoholic as well -- I could probably shop every single day honestly. I, of course, do not have the funds for that.

    Love the blue dress at the top of the post! x

    Michelle
    dressingwithstyle-s.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Michelle, shopping is awesome if funds are available. Happy shopping and Thank you so much for the lovely comment.
      Zindagee

      Delete
  2. I love shopping, for me it's fun and a stress buster. Love the dress and red skirt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Disa for the lovely comment. You are right shopping is a quiet the stress relief for me as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Solo trip to Dubai

Happiness through life